CUA Central

A worldwide community for Certified Usability Analysts

While I'm only on the second chapter. I strongly recommend this book as a resource for Usability Metrics and more.

Views: 17

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe you could tell us a bit more about why you recommend it and what you've found valuable in it so far? thanks!
Based on the title alone I'm ready to read this one! One of my goals for 2010 is to better quantify the ROI for our usability efforts. Thanks for the recommendation.
I haven't finished the book either, but I did go to a workshop from Tom Tullis (one of the writers) a few years back on the same subject. I found that he is very practicle and gives a lot of very useful things. It is one of the most useful workshops I've been to. He tells the basics of statistics, he goes into the System Usability Scale (SUS) which is a very handy tool (see also: http://home.comcast.net/~tomtullis/publications/UPA2004TullisStetso...). If you want to know about measuring and user experience, read this book.
Often I've flip-flopped between using the Likert scale and the SUS. The reason was in feedback from the participants... the SUS took too long (only a small number complained about it). After reading about 'ordinal and interval data' these two scales are not really interchangeable. I shouldn't have dropped the SUS thinking that I could get enough data from the Likert scale. Beyond learning about these types of details, I am also excited about the book showing me how to use excel tools. I've always done everything manually. I had no idea there was an 'Analysis Tookpak'. ---- and this is only chapter 2.

I've just completed chapter 3... which is about displaying the metrics. I am happy to report the author agrees with Tufte's thoughts on displaying information.

Crispin Reedy said:
Maybe you could tell us a bit more about why you recommend it and what you've found valuable in it so far? thanks!

RSS

UX Research Review Archives

September 2015

August 2015

July 2015

June 2015

May 2015

April 2015

© 2017   Created by Human Factors International   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service